Australianbiz is a leading on-line provider of the most up-to-date tax information, financial and tax calculators, business articles, templates and other practical information to assist small business owners to better manage their business and income tax obligations.
The site was founded by Joe Kaleb, a practising Chartered Accountant and Registered Tax Agent, who has a Master of Taxation from the University of Sydney and over 25 years experience in providing taxation and advisory services to small and medium sized Australian and foreign owned businesses. Joe is regularly contacted by newspapers and other media outlets to comment on income tax and other issues effecting small businesses and he is also a regular contributor to the MYOB Blog. Joe also appears live on the Sky TV Business Show with Peter Switzer talking about taxation and superannuation matters and he is the business and tax expert on the Switzer website.
With surveys revealing that the majority of small business owners see their accountant just once or twice a year, Australianbiz is designed to bridge the gap between the two by providing an additional source of information to prompt owners to contact their accountant more often on specific issues that impact on their business.
The site has been reviewed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA) in February 2005 (source: Charter February 2005 page 89) and also by the Sydney Morning Herald and The Age newspapers on 4 June 2005.
Click here to read the Sydney Morning Herald and The Age newspapers review.
The major features of the Australianbiz website which make it truly unique and the definitive source of information for small business owners include:
plus much more.
- Quarterly articles on income tax, superannuation and business management are provided by HLB Mann Judd, a leading national firm of Chartered Accountants. Some articles are free to view;
- Monthly Tax Updates are provided to keep our members informed of the latest income tax developments impacting on small businesses;
- Quarterly articles on the most up-to-date asset protection and structuring strategies are provided by McCullough Roberston, a leading Brisbane law firm;
- Included under Finance Tools is a business benchmarking section whereby key ratios can be instantly calculated on a monthly basis (e.g. breakeven sales, debtors turnover and mark-up), and a linked profit & loss and cash flow budget that automatically calculates GST;
- There are a number of practical calculators including a superannuation salary sacrifice and property capital gains tax calculator and an advanced finance lease calculator which also determines the additional monthly payments where a luxury motor vehicle is financed and takes into account GST;
- The section on templates contains up-to-date key documents that need to be prepared from a management and legal perspective, including a business plan, a finance application and shareholders, employment and consultancy agreements;
- There is a comprehensive list of links to the business websites of Commonwealth and State Government organisations around Australia;
- The most commonly used and up-to-date tax rates for businesses and individuals are provided together with supporting comments;
- Competitive quotes on professional indemnity (PI) insurance and general business insurance can be obtained from Consult Insurance Solutions Pty Ltd, a leading insurance brokerage firm; and
- Access to a complete range of financing solutions is provided including factoring & discounting finance, lease & hire purchase and all types of business, commercial property, home and investment loans.
A major feature is that this website is the only one of its kind which provides small business owners with the tools to make a better informed choice when seeking the services of an accountant. The section on Find an Accountant provides small business owners with some of the important questions that should to be considered when selecting or evaluating an accountant. There is also a national directory of accountants containing thousands of firms where small business owners can search online for a local accountant that is suitable to their needs.
Our mission is to become the premier site used by Australian small small business owners when looking for a suitable accountant and also to provide owners with practical information and access to a wide range of professionals who can assist in the management of their business.
To contact Australianbiz, please send us an email to email@example.com.